Author Lisa London, CPA and Vickey Richardson
The best-selling, must-have reference for small and growing churches has been updated and expanded!
Learn what you need to know to manage the finances and keep your religious organization out of trouble with the IRS.
Topics include how to:
- Determine whether to file for a 501c3 or not
- Establish controls to keep the money safe and guard against errors
- Record and acknowledge donations of cash, stock, vehicles, in-kind, and more
- Setup and maintain a benevolence fund
- Calculate and file payroll
- Structure pastor payroll and housing allowances
- Budget for the next year
- Recognize if you owe Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)
- How to fill out the 990N and 990EZ,
- And so much more.
Lisa London CPA is the author of The Accountant Beside You series of resources for the non-accountants in nonprofits, churches, and small businesses to understand their accounting needs. She has decades of experience in auditing and consulting large and small organizations.
Vickey Richardson is the founder and manager of Vickey’s Bookkeeping, Inc., an accounting firm specializing in assisting churches. She is best known for her popular website, FreeChurchAccounting.com.